As a breast feeding mum, there isn't a moment in the day that your body isn't actively making milk for your little one.
Many mums can feel constantly hungry, and this hunger comes from the amount of calories that your body uses making each ounce of milk. It is important you are eating enough calories and the right food!
Fuelling your body with nutrient-dense foods that help replenish it with everything it needs is imperative.
Eating a variety of nutritious whole foods will help you feel and stay healthy and energised.
A great go to are nuts as they are high in essential minerals such as iron, calcium, and zinc as well as vitamin K and B vitamins. They are also a healthy source of essential fatty acids and protein.
So give this fruit and nut bar a go!
- 1 cup of chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups of chopped and pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 a cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 a cup of roasted unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons of flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Combine chopped dried apricots and Medjool dates in the food processor and process until well combined.
- Now add 1/2 cup of roasted, unsalted cashews, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, salt, cinnamon and pulse until you get a sticky mixture.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, transfer the mixture to it and flatten to get an even layer. Refrigerate for an hour until firm.
- Cut into bars or squares and serve.